Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Avoiding that enemy

My Networkers colleague, Mr. John Simpson of the Sutton Group, has a "Preferred Client Update" which he regularly sends to current and former customers, professional colleagues and others. I don't have time for most such pamphlets but I always make the time for John's because it almost always has something worth knowing about homes, housing and odd-and-ends. A recent one is no exception, having this excellent quote from Sophocles:
"No enemy is worse than bad advice."
It struck me that in a profession such as mine or John's, 99% of what we do boils down to making sure that we are the client's ally, the one who makes sure that they get good advice and looking to ensure that the enemy of bad of advice is kept away from their gates. If you take it seriously like John and I do your clients do well.

No comments: